Nonprofit Accounting Services Gain financial clarity, stay compliant, and focus on your mission
An experienced nonprofit accountant can make an immediate difference in your organization by cleaning up your books, taking the fear out of financial reporting and audits, and making sure you’re being as efficient and effective as possible with your finances.
We help with:
- Budgeting and projections
- Cash flow analysis
- Audit preparation and audit management
- Fixed and intangible asset management
- Preparation of financial reports and dashboards
- Grant and contractual revenue analysis and reporting
- Internal control review and implementation
- Cash management and banking relationship reviews
- Long-term financial planning and sustainability initiatives
- Commercial insurance renewal review and management
- Accounting system review
- Programmatic expense analysis and strategy implementation
- General bookkeeping services: accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
Many nonprofits take advantage of our CFO service, a comprehensive hands-on approach in which we assist in all aspects of your organizational growth and mission. Your CFO takes care of record keeping, budgeting, fund management, and reporting, and is also an active participant in your fundraising and strategic, long term planning. Clients who use this service often see the most dramatic uptick in organizational growth, with revenue targets regularly attained and exceeded, as well as significant decreases in administrative and general costs.
Federal and state grant management is complex and time-consuming, and you need a team of nonprofit financial experts on your side. Our grant management experts are here to help you through the entire process, from application and fund disbursement to tracking and reporting, and we’ll be there to represent you in the event of an audit.
We have thorough knowledge of indirect cost allocations and grant requirements, including the singular audit (formerly referred to as A-133 audits) and CFR requirements, and we’ve established relationships with various governmental departments including:
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Department of Child and Family Services
- Department of Justice
- Department of Education
- Department of Agriculture
- Illinois State Board of Education
- National Endowment for Humanities
- Illinois Arts Council
- Department of Family Support Services
So many organizations we’ve worked with spend years struggling through tedious, dated, expensive financial workflows before coming to us. After we help them move to a modern bookkeeping solution, the first thing we typically hear is, “We should have done this a long time ago.” Our clients are saving significant amounts of time and money through workflow optimization, giving them the space they need to dream even bigger.
“The Executive Director and Board of Directors feel more confident in the accuracy of our financial reports and that our record keeping meets grant requirements.”
Ready to get stated? Start a Conversation
Set up a time to chat with one of our certified nonprofit accountants.